Dawn arouses our hopes and dreams. Midday nurtures our resolve. Twilight preserves our memories with care

Friday, August 3, 2007

BETTY JANE and TRIBUTE MIQUETTE AND MARY LOU

MAJORETTE BEAUTIES The girls in the photo are left to right: Miquette Padilla, Jeanette Salome, Mary Lou Clark and myself. Betty Jane. Some of my favorite folks are here. And with the fondest of memories I will impart the most memorable facets of our friendships. That dark haired beauty with the wonderful feminine husky voice, even at an early age, was one or actually two emanate features about her. Her laughter could make the angels blush with envy, and add to these were the dancing dark eyes of one beauty by name, MIQUETTE PADILLA. "Mike" was a tough play before we moved on to high school. We, Mike, her brother Rudy, Ann Augustine, and occasionally Patsy Pickens and myself, were virtually joined at the hip. Mrs Damian (Nellie) Padilla took all of us on some of her sojourns to the county, and where there was a water ditch beware. When Mary Lou Clark, and family, moved to Socorro they lived in a house not far from one of my enterprises (the cement plant I over saw). I was at that time sort of divorced from every one as the job at the cement plant and the service station left me little time, however (ha ha however) I did secure several dates with Mary Lou. A little girl (in comparison to most of the other girls of that time) by stature by nature she was one most exuberant in the issue of having fun. And tho I left before she became a majorette I can surely see where it came from. To Betty Jane from my memory flower garden to you a bunch of mixed roses. Bright Yellow for yourself, beautiful sunset Pink for your family, and deep Heart Red for Mary Lou. Thank you, girls for being a part of my life.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
MOTHER AND GRANDMOTHER KEEPER OF FAITH
Custom-embroidered logo shirts and apparel by Queensboro