Dawn arouses our hopes and dreams. Midday nurtures our resolve. Twilight preserves our memories with care

Friday, August 3, 2007

COMMENTS TO THE HARRIET HOUSE

A GOOD PART OF THE TRIBE OCCUPYING THE "HARRIET HOUSE. MARIANNE, GRACE, ALICE, MICHAEL.
Dear Dave I was happy to see your story on the Harriet House. We loved growing up in that big 2 story house. You were right it was always full of friends and neighbors. Each of us had neighbors our age and they spent a lot of time at our home. Our cousins, Noeline, Josie and Johnny Mounyo from Polvadera spent time there too. There was always lots of fun and games and laughter. We also had ranchers that came to town for a few days that stayed with us too like Marvin and Bessie Ake from out West, Holm and Betty Bursum with their sons. Holm III and Michael. There were many Basque people that were friends of the family that came to visit often. I look back and wonder how my mother did it and never complained. I guess I have a hard time turning loose of that house. Even though we sold it I never fail to take pictures of it when it snows or when new people move there I try to tell them all about it so they can enjoy it like we did. Alice
A GOOD PART OF THE TRIBE OCCUPYING THE "HARRIET HOUSE. MARIANNE, GRACE, ALICE, MICHAEL.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
MOTHER AND GRANDMOTHER KEEPER OF FAITH
Custom-embroidered logo shirts and apparel by Queensboro