Dawn arouses our hopes and dreams. Midday nurtures our resolve. Twilight preserves our memories with care

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

THE WHY FOR THIS PORTION OF SOCORRO

Thank you so very much for coming to see what we are about. As the joker we are about too old (I am 77) to remember, but for some luck I do remember a lot about my boyhood home. I remember living on the School of Mines Road just up a little hill above Mr. and Mrs. Rafael Lopez (the school teacher many of my classmates had later in Socorro High). I believe the house was across the street from the Del Curto's. We (my Grandmother, Nanna, my Grandfather, Tom, and my Mom, Dorothy) moved to the Santiago Baca house on Garfield, and then to our "Adobe" on Hiway 6o. Looking at the map in the phone book it would have been close to the intersection of Hiway 60 and Alta Vista St (Lane). The rides in the rumble seat of my grandfathers car to the top of the hill above our home. The rides to school at the convent and the walk back, was it not 14 miles up hill both directions? Those were the beginning years full of all that life can bring, happy days of growing with others, of seeing and being a part of change. And it also brought some sadness, the moving away and leaving what certainly was a great portion of my life. There came about some extra items, family and kin, places (buildings) that carry with them interest outside of my ventures, thus with advise from my main contributors we felt the extra would be of interest to all. Socorro is still the place I miss the most, the summers at the plaza, the winters and Christmas Caroling, ah yes I remember and miss them all. I invite you to use the comment sections at the end of each subject and record your notes as you may desire. Thanks for dropping by dave anderson

No comments:

About Me

My photo
MOTHER AND GRANDMOTHER KEEPER OF FAITH
Custom-embroidered logo shirts and apparel by Queensboro